Have you ever wondered how big is the impact of the stuff we buy? Who makes the clothes we are wearing, or the phones we are using? What is behind the food we eat? Are we deciding what we consume?
If you want to raise your awareness about the social and environmental repercussions of our consumption habits, in a sharing ambiance, the responsible consumption workshops are made for you! It is open to all the people interested in the topic and it is free.
We will gather every Monday evening during May, from 19 to 21 hours, to reflect, discuss and share about our consuming ways, their effects and alternatives.
One month, from 8th to 29th of May, four workshops of two hours each.
– Weekly gatherings (on Monday evenings, from 19 to 21) in which we will discuss, share, think… in a dynamic way, about consumption habits.
– Various methods will be used (videos, interactive activities, non-formal education activities, conversations…).
– The workshops will focus on different topics: our consumption model, food, clothes and cosmetics, electronics, energy use…
– An interactive and opened approach, with specific objectives for each session.
You will develop:
– Critical thinking
– Motivation to change
– Awareness about the social and environmental impact of what we buy
– Knowledge about some guidelines and patterns of responsible consumption
– The ability of making informed and conscious consumption decisions
– The ability of having a critic perspective of our consumption model
They will be facilitated by Lara Cortizas, an international volunteer currently doing an EVS (European Voluntary Service) in Education Studio. For some years, Lara has been volunteering in environmental NGOs and regularly facilitating activities and workshops. She currently wants to share her competences and perspective about responsible consumption issues.
The Responsible Consumption Workshops are free.
They will take place every Monday, from 19.00 to 21.00, in Education Studio. The program will start on 8th and end on the 29th of May.
Education Studio is located on Str. Tipografiei 1, interphone 030, across Magazinul Central. You can find a picture of the entrance HERE.
To participate in the Responsible Consumption Workshops. We will contact you by email after the deadline for applications. You can choose to attend any number of sessions, specifying it on the application form. There is a limited number of places, so the persons who register first will be given priority.
These Responsible Consumption Workshops are part of the EVS project ‘Initiatives for Social Change’. This project is funded by the Erasmus+ program of the European Union.